Meet Our Team
Hello, my name is Miss Lane. I am based at our Burford Road setting and teach Year 1 children. I work alongside Mrs Sénèque to ensure the needs of all learners are met.
Hello, my name is Mrs Judge. I am resposnsible for delivering targeted interventions for children in Year 2-5. I work alongside the Inclusion Team and Speech and Language Therapist to support children in our school.
Hello, my name is Miss Floisand. I am resposnsible for delivering targeted interventions for children in Year Reception and Year 1. I work alongside the Inclusion Team and Speech and Language Therapist to support children in our school.
· Advising on strategies to support and include pupils with EAL.
· Providing advice regarding inclusive curriculum materials.
· Advising on ways to differentiate work for pupils with EAL.
· Encouraging and supporting pupils to maintain and develop their first language.
· Developing relationships between the school and parents of pupils with EAL.
· Acting as support to staff on language-related issues.
· Acting as support to staff on equal opportunity and race equality issues.
I am an independent consultant educational psychologist who works for Inclusive Vision Ltd. I am registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). I have been working closely with Bengeworth CE Academy for 4 years.
I encourage positive development and well-being of pupils within the school. I work with pupils who may have a potential barrier to their learning or general social and emotional development. My work involves classroom observations, and consultations with staff, parents and other professionals who work directly with pupils within the school. The purpose of these consultation meetings is to engage adults in collaborative discussions about how to remove barriers to learning and develop strategies to support the inclusion of pupils with additional needs within lessons.
I also undertake individual assessments with pupils to build up a profile or their strengths and areas of need. These assessments are used to inform recommendations for interventions and support. I work closely with the school Inclusion Leader and other members of the school senior leadership team to identify priorities for staff professional development and provide termly staff training sessions for both class teachers and support staff.
For more information of my role within the school, please contact the school Inclusion Leader Rachel Seneque
Hello our names are Sarah Morris, and Aoife Mc Dermott. We are the NHS Speech and Language therapist currently working with Bengeworth Academy. We have worked at the school for the past four years.
We are here every Wednesday. We work collaboratively with teachers and classroom support professionals in order to support children with speech, language and communication needs.
We also work with pupils with a range of speech, language and communication difficulties in school. As well as delivering therapy sessions. We also deliver a range of regular training courses (e.g. Black sheep Narrative, Word aware and Talk About).
In the academic year 2018-19 we have achieved the following:
- All staff at Bretforton School have an understanding of speech, language and communication needs and have a basic knowledge of general strategies to support them.
That universal, targeted and specialist provision is available to children in early years.
That staff are employed to specifically support children learning English is an Additional Language are equipped to carry out language intervention groups in school.
- Children who have been referred to the NHS Speech and Language Therapy Service have received additional targeted support through a therapist and regular reviews of their progress.
- Whole school staff training has supported staff in identifying and assisting children with speech, language and communication needs.
If you have any concerns or queries please do not hesitate to contact Rachel Seneque, (Inclusion Leader) on 01386 442047 Ext 216 or contact Sarah Morris on email@example.com or Aoife McDermott on firstname.lastname@example.org.