PSHE and RSE
PSHE Education (Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education) is a planned programme of learning through which children at Bengeworth Academy acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to successfully manage their lives – now and in the future. As part of a whole-school approach, PSHE Education develops the qualities and attributes pupils need to thrive as individuals, family members and members of society.
At Bengeworth Academy, we use Jigsaw as a whole-school approach which embodies a positive philosophy using creative teaching and learning activities to nurture children’s development as compassionate and well-rounded human beings as well as building their capacity to learn. Our curriculum is explained and outlined in the documents below.
The vision for students, staff and others linked to our academy is to always look to achieve our personal best in every aspect of school life.
- Our school is one where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their personal best.
- Our school is welcoming, inclusive, has a real community feel and is a place where everyone is valued.
- Our pupils and staff treat each other equitably, fairly, with kindness and with mutual respect. At all times, staff and pupils are encouraged to show a high regard for the needs and feelings of others through their actions and words.
- Our pupils and staff are enterprising and approach challenges with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- The needs and interests of all pupils, irrespective of gender, culture, ability or aptitude, will be promoted through an inclusive and varied PSHE curriculum at our academy.
- Our environment is safe and clean with everyone sharing responsibility for it.
- Our culture is one of continuous improvement, creativity and enthusiasm.